This weekend of travel left me with plenty of time to think (driving down Hwy 85 is like driving on a treadmill) and so it got me thinking...
- The weather is so beautiful: it just invites you to enjoy the "great outdoors"
- The changing leaves: I'm a sucker for the bright orange hues
- Unpacking all my fall/winter clothes: it feels like Christmas came early!
- The accessories: hats, scarves, gloves and BOOTS!
- PUMPKIN! Everything... and I do mean everything: Pie, cake, cheesecake, muffin, bread, latte, seeds, soup, cookies, scones, pancakes... you get the idea (no, I'm not obsessed... I'm in love!)
- Hot beverages: more specifically, Pumpkin Spice Lattes! (It's a deep an abiding love...)
- All the FOOD: I mean any holiday centered on food and I'm on board
- Halloween: Any excuse to dress up and eat candy... um, count me in!
- Baking: Every time the cool breeze comes out I want to buy my weight in butter..."Every time you taste something that's delicious beyond imagining and you say, 'What's in this?' The answer is always going to be 'butter.'"
- Sweet Potatoes: plain, sugared, pie... I'm game
- The sweaters: Covering up all the "Food" I've eaten (read "Food" as sugar)
- The State Fair: It has nothing to do with the food or rides but the feeling. Maybe it is just me but it feels like fall... nostalgia
- Seeing my Breath
- Fire: So I might be a bit of a pyro because I just love fire
- Reading books snuggled up on the couch
- Gathering with my family
- Eating loads of Chili and Stews with Cornbread covered in honey!
- Bundled and snuggled on cold nights
- Watching cheesy romantic comedies while eating Dutch butter cookies
- Taking cold late night walks with Chris
Okay so maybe I'm a bit obsessed with food... but I mean have you eaten lately? I'm just saying it is something pretty awesome to get obsessed over!
What's your favorite thing about the fall?
Live. Love. Loud.