I met this amazing couple the other day. They are engaged and their dream is to one day own their own farm. They spent the last year learning some of the trade secrets from a fellow farmer and are moving to this area to pick up more knowledge for their future dream. Their skill set is amazing. I always thought living off the land seemed like such a wonderfully green existence. I mean to know all of your foods and to get them so fresh and perfect. I mean it sounds so great but the reality is something that I'm not sure I could handle. I'm sad a bit to admit it but I really think it is true. Example: I went to an orchard and picked apples and freaked out at the spiders, to be fair they were crawling on me. I don't like dirt under my nails... the fact I have nails? The complete lack of upper body strength... I mean it really is sad. Not quite as sad as my complete lack of ability to jump. Legit, if we meet ask. There is no way it doesn't end with you laughing your tail off!
Which brings me to this weeks LOVES:
- Label makers... they just make you feel more organized holding them!
- Iced Coffee: pretty sure it is the way God intended all coffee to be enjoyed
- All the amazing people that make my eating possible!
- Moving: forces you to rid your home of anything unnecessary
- All the amazing support of all those around us: so many offers to babysit. Fair warning to those who offered: you will be taken up so if you want to retract now is the time :D I'm making a list...
- Crazy weather: forces you to live spontaneously... even if you don't want to
- A weekend spent at home: so much of the time Chris and I are so busy on weekends between travel and photography that we often have month that go by without much time to relax and be for a moment or two.
- Skittles... I'm pretty sure I would literally look like Hammy from Over the Hedge if it started raining skittles... that and I would grab an umbrella, getting pelted with skittles would hurt!
What are your LOVES this week?
Live. Love. Loud.